A DC motor with gear box attached to the shaft, which is mechanically commutated electric motor powered from direct current (DC). Generally used in DIY projects, Battery operated toys, Radio controlled vehicles, Robotic projects etc.
Specification & Features
- RPM: 150
- Operating Voltage : 3V - 9V
- Gear materials: plastic.
- Motor types: permanent-magnet.
- Brush-type: Brush.
- Uncommitted motors: Homopolar motors.
- Magnet types: ferrite magnets.
- Torque: Approximate 2.5Kg/cm.
- Low density: lightweight, low inertia.
- Capability to absorb shock and vibration as a result of elastic compliance.
- Ability to operate with minimum or no lubrication, due to inherent lubricity.
- Relatively low coefficient of friction.
- Corrosion-resistance; elimination of plating, or protective coatings.
- Quietness of operation.
- Tolerances often less critical than for metal gears, due in part to their greater resilience.
- Consistency with trend to greater use of plastic housings and other components.