The voltage regulator IC 7805 is actually a member of the 78xx series of voltage regulator ICs. It is a fixed linear voltage regulator. The xx present in 78xx represents the value of the fixed output voltage that the particular IC provides. For 7805 IC, it is +5V DC regulated power supply. This regulator IC also adds a provision for a heat sink. The input voltage to this voltage regulator can be up to 35V, and this IC can give a constant 5V for any value of input less than or equal to 35V which is the threshold limit.
7805 Voltage Regulator Features :-
- 5V Positive Voltage Regulator
- Minimum Input Voltage is 7V
- Maximum Input Voltage is 25V
- Operating current(IQ) is 5mA
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum 125 degree Celsius
- Available in TO-220 and KTE package.