7812 is a 12V Voltage Regulator that restricts the voltage output to 12V and draws 12V regulated power supply. The 7812 is the most common, as its regulated 12-volt supply provides a convenient power source for most TTL components.
7812 is a series of 78XX voltage regulators. For ICs within the family, the xx is replaced with two digits, indicating the output voltage (for example, the 7805 has a 5-volt output, while the 7812 produces 12 volts).
- Output Type: Fixed
- Output Voltage: +12V DC
- Current Output: up to 1.5A
- Input Voltage: 14.6 - 35VDC
- Quiescent (standby) current: 8mA
- Dropout Voltage (Max): 2V @ 1A
- Category: Linear Voltage Regulators - Standard
- Polarity: Positive
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +125°C
- Mounting Style: Through Hole
- Pin Spacing Pitch: 2.54mm
- Hole Diameter: 3.8mm
- Dimensions: 10.4 x 4.6 x 9.15mm